Friday, January 8, 2010

Monet and van Gogh

**Note: Check out my Twitter feed on the right! I've joined the dark side of tweeting.**

Yes. I recognize the irony here, lovies. Don't worry.

(I have a van Gogh painting on the floor and am wearing the From Monet skirt.)

Ha!

Anyway.

(and while we're on topic, the picture on the floor is really just to break up the white space. No, it was not some artistic or inspired decorating attempt. I have no interior design skillz whatsoever. Good thing I never followed my dreams of designing homes, God knows I woulda been a failure there.)

I've noticed the U.S. (and the entire world, it seems) is in some huge arctic chill. Dallas never experiences below-zero wind chill, but ooohhh you better bet we're getting it anyway. I've been in boots, jeans, and sweaters for several days now and I've had enough. Here's my attempt to beat the winter blues by picking up some Spring inspiration-- the From Monet skirt, styled a few ways. (I turned up the thermostat to like 75 degrees to get myself out of the wool I was donning earlier.)

First looksie: yes, another boyfriend blazer look. Just love it.

Skirt: Anthropologie's From Monet skirt
Top: J.Crew's ruffles and roses tank
Jacket: you know.
Shoes: Liliana Bardor pumps

Second look: mixing lace and florals.

(check out that volume! Love the draping on this thing...)

Skirt: From Monet
Top: Free People lace top
Necklace: F21 knock-off (real thing here)
Shoes: Bardor Pumps
Belt: The Limited oldie bow belt (similar here)

Look the next: Pop of teal. (not this blue in person...)

Skirt: From Monet
Top: F21 ruffle top
Shoes: those Bardors.
Random ass't of necklaces...
(Didn't get many shots of this one because I still need to work on how I'll style it with the added color. Needs a jacket of some sort... I'll get back to that some other time.)

I srsly love this skirt (POCKETS!). Fo'realz. Oh, and I stalked websites until I could find those shoes back in stock. Thank god they had 'em, I was about to bring out the dogs to find these. You can see them on Chloe here... so cute!! My lighting was bad (even left work early to get a little light, damnit), so the shoes are hard to see in their glory.

My opinion= the lace outfit is my fave. Which do you prefer, hmmm?

12 comments:

  1. I love how you combined the boyfriend blazer with the ruffles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you get Chloe Sevigny often? you are a fresh faced gorgee just like she is.

    shoes here in case anyone's interested...

    http://www.urbanog.com/product_112_3907.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote lacey combo!! I love unexpected combination. Striped top would look really cute with this floral skirt, too!

    Are those shoes comfy? Such a good deal - but gotta wonder. Painful or totally a steal?? They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very sweet Kristen, thank you for those compliments! I've never heard that, but I think I see what you mean-- we both have those big facial features. And big eyes. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that skirt is darling on you Justine! For some reason I really love the first outfit best -- the pink makes it look lovely and spring-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, funny you should ask. I really love that brand (Liliana, sold at places like Gojane), but these particular ones dig pretty hard into my big toe. But it's pain for fashion for me, and I'll still wear 'em anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love look one and two the best. I tried on the skirt today and it is simply darling. I love that it stretches at the top, in case I ever find myself wearing it at a buffet gathering!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE!!! great outfits! I like your hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, you found the shoes! They're fun, aren't they? You look great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alisha

    http://sketchingdrawing.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Alisha! Glad you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete