Monday, January 4, 2010

OOTD and thanks for the assistance

Good evening, lovies. Just a quick little post on this the first day back from a loooooong vacation. Ick.

Thanks to all who put in their two cents on my romper-stylings. I really had a thing for the last one with the black cardigan and leg warmers. Goes to show ya how things that you don't think will go together... well, kinda do. I've definitely been taking more risks in fashion lately, one, to keep you interested, and two to push my own styling limits, but this just means I'll want more opinions whether I'm inspired or just plain crazy. Hey-- what's fashion without occasional bumps and bruises, no? :)

Today's OOTD is just a quick one, and definitely not very risky. I think I've been taking my styling to the max when it comes to work-appropriateness, and I am quite lucky to have an environment that lets me do so. Still, I felt like being more "conservative" today. Just to even it all out, I guess. You may recall this dress; I wore it a while ago and haven't pulled it out since, so it's been featured on my blog for both of it's outings. Awww. Special. Without further ado....

(Wait, one more ado... errr whatever... I've been trying to master Photoshop Elements to make my photos better and am dealing with a relatively decent digital, non-SLR camera. As you can see, each has a different hue and I really have no idea which is better. If anyone has any tips for me on this lighting/color thing with PSE, I'd be forever grateful. Seriously. EMAIL ME PLZ.)

Dress: ModCloth Cut to the Lace Dress
Necklace: Simply Vera Vera Wang (I've been srsly getting some use out of this one)
Cardi: NY & Co antique button ruffle cardi (and this, too, apparently)
Leggings: Norstrom Hue
Boots: oldies, Steve Madden
Belt: ole' trusty Rodarte for Target, swoon/love.

10 comments:

  1. You look adorable! I seriously want that Rodarte belt - leopard print and all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was into photography before fashion and I've found that almost all self portraits come out better in natural light. If you can't get outside then at least open a blind. Also, don't put the light behind you - let it shine at you instead. I hate using flash inside because it creates shadows. Lemme know if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree, but I suppose I should specify-- I don't have many natural light options because of my work schedule, so I'm trying to use no flash with little to no natural light adn then photoshopping it to make it look brighter. You know, since PSE is about as good as it gets to the real thing. :) Do you use it ever? If so, could use a tutorial here... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It's so soft and cheap. haha my fave combos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I'm getting to you... haha... Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love that belt and sweater! I keep meaning to buy that cardigan and always debate with myself on the color. I always wear black...maybe lilac will help me step it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same necklace and LOVE it! the cardi is super cute too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute I love how you wore the belt, I still need to rock mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha! I know... it's like, do you really want to see me in jeans and a tee shirt? I might get crazy and pair a SWEATER with it, uhoh! :) This thing gives me an excuse to dress up when I have no where to go.

    ReplyDelete