Saturday, January 2, 2010

New year, new lusts

I suppose this is one of those posts interesting to me and possibly not-so interesting to you, but it's such eye-candy and I wann'em so bad that I just had to share. Hey, you're the only ones that listen to me, 'cuz hubs sure ain't caring. Tear. :-P

TOP FIVE DESIGNERS I WANT IN MY CLOSET

(ok, so I've given this a lot of thought over the years. If I had all the means in the world, or if I stumbled upon a boat load of money and there was world peace and no one was dying of hunger and LoHo finally made it through rehab successfully.... wait, don't know how that last one got in there, but yeah those first two... Anyway, if I could spend money on revamping my closet, these are the designers that would fill it):

1. Mara Hoffman


I don't know what entices me so about her designs. Maybe it's the Rorschach-looking prints that have my heart a-fluttering, or maybe it's her pretty color combos, but I just love her designs. Sigh. Her pieces give a little oomph to staples and her dresses stand out in a crowd. I think if I had my pick rightnow, it'd be this romper. Oh la la, ga ga ga.

2. DVF



Almost a no-brainer, as most fashionistas will tell you her pieces are basically staple items. Not only has she mastered and made famous the wrap-dress, but she has consistently recreated her designs and pushed the fashion line. The colors in this dress are li-ter-ah-leeee to die for. Eeep!

3. Giuseppe Zanotti

Most girls long for their first pair of Jimmy Choo's or Christian Louboutin's, and while I can't say I don't, Mr. Zanotti has my heart racing every time. I don't know how it's possible, but I adore almost every single pair he's created. Trendy, structural, feminine and edgy all at once, he's mastered the art of sex-in-a-shoe. Somehow.

4. Hudson Jeans


This one isn't so far-fetched, since this denim line is generally within my budget, but I think these jeans are the perfect pair. I rarely recommend brands to girls since jeans are so unique to each person, but when I worked at local boutiques here in Dallas, I would always tell a girl to try on a pair of Hudsons. I'd say nine out of ten times, she'd walk out a happy woman. Great pockets, great amount of pizzazz, and perfect fit. Loves!

5. Rebecca Taylor


Just... beautiful. She's a master of feminine, flowy fabrics and has the power to take my breath away (cue song). Even hoodies look pulled together and girly when Ms. Taylor gets her hands on them. Her designs are a good example of what I mean when I talk about the feminine/edgy mix. Just the right balance of being light and airy while still keeping a few ounces of sex appeal. Yep, just perfect.

Oh, and just to be interesting (and possibly contentious), here is one designer you may never see in my closet.
Alexander Wang... whaaa?

Listen. I know most of the fashion community goes head over heels for AW, but I just can't seem to jump on board. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but for now, this is one designer I'll happily stay away from.

Who are your fave designers? Or who would you be OK with taking a hiatus to Timbucktoo?

4 comments:

  1. My goal is to get a DVF dress this year. I love everything she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm loe all your picks! Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totes. I think that's my goal, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Amber! I've gotta start working on it or it will never happen, haha...

    ReplyDelete