Monday, January 11, 2010

eShakti order arrived!

So I believe my suspicions were correct-- the brogue thing was a questionable trend for you lovies. Which excites me, really, because it means I have a challenge now-- attempting to style my metallic flat oxfords for day and night to convince you (or at least make you think I'm less crazy) that the trend is actually pretty doable and pretty cute. Yay! Stay tuned for that one coming up, maybe this weekend.

On another (even exciting-er) note, my eShakti order arrived! The lovely ladies at http://www.eshakti.com/ let me pick which item I loved the most (a difficult feat) and sent me a free sample. How fun! Thank you, eShakti! Here are a few pics I snapped of this pretty lil' jacket. (PLEASE ignore the blotchy face, ugh... long day at work and makeup has officially melted off ma face.)

(pretty details, and I messed with the brightness to get the details better, so don't worry I don't have radiation poisoning on my neck)

Peplum! Preeeety!


Thanks, Rosa, for reminding me I need to tell ya'll about the site... hehe. The site is cool-- they have samples of their designs online and you have two options: buy standard sizing (0 to like 26 or something), or get a custom fit. Yes, it does cost a bit more but I don't think it's unreasonable (not sure of the exact fee). And I think it's worth it, because this thing fits like a charm. It's pretty simple-- fill out their custom measurements form and voila-- your perfectly tailored item comes to you in the mail, like, supahfast. (I've heard about a week after you order-- mine took slightly longer because of the holiday season and vacations) You can even have the dress length custom to what you want-- short or long, or if you want V neck instead of boatneck, they'll do it. Basically what nips/tucks you envision, they'll custom it to you.

My overall review: I love this thing. It's made of a very heavy wool, so I know it will be nice and warm for these next few months. The embroidered sequins are darling and not too flashy, so the jacket maintains a level of elegance. That peplum? So cute. I took that pic with my arms out to show you how much it gives me a waist and flares out at the right spot. It needs a little steaming, but that's easy. One thing I kicked myself for (bad Justine) was not being more careful about my measurements-- the arms are a tad too short, but not so much that it's unwearable by any means. That was totally my fault; I was hasty in my measuring.

I can't speak to their sizing otherwise (i.e. without custom tailoring, as I chose to custom mine), but they have a sizing chart on their site listing deets. Overall, I think I will for sure shop there again. Oh, and maybe sooner than later: Use code 5liKOr to get $20 off a $30 purchase! Nice! (and I've said it before, I'll say it again for any new readers... SRSLY check out their necklaces. Total Anthro inspired, 1/2 the price!) Happy custom shopping. :)

19 comments:

  1. That jacket looks great on you! Can you please repost the code for the site, it is appearing a bit wonky on my computer and I think the first letter was cut off! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket looks so great on you! I'll defintely check out that site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute jacket! Do they charge extra for the custom tailoring? How does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jacket. And I really love the necklace you're wearing. Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the code is 5liKOr... it is just a string of letters and a number, so it is a bit wonky. Email me if you still aren't getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Necklace is from Francesca's boutique back in October 2009. But there have been a lot of remakes; check out a bunch of them here: http://www.shopstyle.com/browse?fts=pearl+cluster+necklace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeep, sorry! I shoulda posted that... Im going to edit the post right now. :) Thanks, Rosa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute jacket, it looks gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute and fits you like a glove!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous - and well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pick!! That is gorgeous! I have never heard of the store but it looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Justine - I've tried code on the eshakti website and it's not working. Is the code 5-capitol I as in ice cream - small i as in ice cream - capitol K as in kite - capitol O as in orange - little r as in rice? I've tried it onsite about 20 times and it's not taking anything off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. eeek! Yes, that is what I was told from their head of marketing. I will email her right now and see if she mistyped the code. I am so sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Justine
    The jacket looks fabulous on you! I just rec'd my wavelet top copycat and while the fabric and workmanship are beautiful, it is very long, so it looks more like a tunic. I ordered my regular size and didn't do measurements. Not sure if I am going to keep it or not...

    ReplyDelete
  16. compact computer desksAugust 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM

    awesome post

    ReplyDelete
  17. compact computer desksAugust 20, 2010 at 9:50 AM

    awesome post

    ReplyDelete
  18. www.hooklessshowercurtainsshop.comAugust 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

    thnx 4 all post

    ReplyDelete