Saturday, January 23, 2010

OOTD: Cut-off madness

I've really been toying with the idea of pairing denim shorts with a sweater and tights to make them winter-appropriate. I've just not had the guts to do so, until today. Hope I can pull this off ('cuz if I don't, oh well. TOO LATE.)





 
 Blazer: Pencey via Shopbop
Sweater: Express cable knit sweater
Shorts: F21 distressed denim shorts (similar here)
Tights: Juicy Couture
Necklace: Express mixed metal chain necklace
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden Grinnd booties (on ebay! can't believe I found these)

The best part about this outfit? I've realized that this blazer does so much better when worked into an edgier outfit. That way, the out-of-control fringe just looks "I don't care cool" instead of "I'm a disheveled mess poop".

Another great part: I have never worn these shorts. They're F21 from last year when I was itching for some Current/Elliott insanely-awesome suspender shorts... that I think I'm still wanting for this year. These, I thought, were my answer, but turns out they weren't. No good reason, either. Just wasn't getting that "feeling," ya know? Anyway, they work here, and I'm just happy I'm able to put them to use now.

You know. That is if this doesn't make me look homeless.

12 comments:

  1. great outfit, you pulled it off well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! I just bought a pair of denim shorts this afternoon! To wear with tights of course too!!!

    I love it and agree that the blazer gives you a little "edge" Hot Mama in this one Justine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this look in a magazine recently and thought it was super cute. You pulled it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay Eleanor!! And thanks. We can be twinkies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I recently started reading your blog and love it! I think this outfit looks totally cute too... love the blazer layered on the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lindsey! Glad you found me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally are pulling this look off. It looks great on you. I love the little booties with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it. I don't have the guts to wear it with any kind of confidence, but you look adorable. Like you're not even trying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad you had the guts to try something new, because i like the look! love the cutoffs and love your blog!
    http://www.blogger.com/steampunkdolls

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Coastal ChicsterJanuary 24, 2010 at 9:20 AM

    i like it, and i think you pulled it off well! i don't think i'd be able to pull off shorts and tights, but i'm looking forward to trying cutoffs and a blazer in the spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shorts with tights combo!

    ReplyDelete