Monday, March 29, 2010

What I wore/What I wanted to wear.

(Still have to come up with a clever name for this post if I end up making it a recurring theme. Mehhh...)
It's so hard being in an office with no windows when it is as nice as it is right now here in Dallas. The problem is, there are only about 2-3 weeks worth of nice weather-- meaning low 70s and sunny. We're already starting to creep into the 80s this week, and if it gets cooler again we can except rain and gloom. Yuck. I hate that I cant' really enjoy it! So although I actually wore ponte leggings and a denim jacket to work, I really wanted to bask in the warmth and sunlight by showing off the gams. Hence the "fantasty" outfit (which, by the way, doesn't feature an item that was in my real OOTD but does feature the same shirt from F21 from the last reality/fantasy outfit set! and a plethora of F21 items [I swear I shop at other stores]).


:::WHAT I REALLY WORE:::
Top: F21 "Jungle" bubble hem top
Pants: Express ponte leggings
Jacket: F21 Dean Denim jacket
Shoes: Sam Edelman metallic flats


:::WHAT I WANTED TO WEAR:::
Top: F21 ruffle top
Jacket: F21 safari jacket
Shorts: F21 lace hot shorts
Shoes: Michael Kors cage sandals
Necklace: Simply Vera Vera Wang for Kohls

In other news, my Anthro jacket is here in Dallas (a mere 2-3 day shipping turnaround!)... it's just not yet in my possession. Damned USPS and their inability to leave anything on my doorstep just to make me sad. Well, I mean I think that's what they're trying to do, because it's what happens every time I get a delivery confirmation email to find that it's not really delivered to my little hands. Sad. And oh yeah... ummm... kinda ruined my whole shopping ban in just a matter of a few days, so please be forgiving, my darling and understanding readers. However, I did manage to get some things that I expect to become spring/summer staples, so it makes it ok. Right? Right! I'll share them as soon as they start arriving. If USPS/UPS is feeling giving, that is.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still in love with those shorts. I want them!

    http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The F21 safari jacket is awesome! I love animal prints.

    http://theloveofshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I love that F21 safari jacket!! ANd you rock those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both options, but those lacey shorts are so cute! I love your style =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love the first outfit. Super cute! The top is great and the shorts are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I love those shorts! Why why why why doesn't F21 make them in creame?

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE LACE SHORTS!!!! :D

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    ReplyDelete