Thursday, March 4, 2010

OOTD: (g)ruched skirt.

OK. That is not how you spell her Etsy name (it's gruhche), but it was just too punny to pass up. Sorry folks.

As per expected, I'm in total lust over this skirt. It's a beautiful tulle over a knit body-con skirt and is the most amazing cream color. And again, I'm finding a lot of ways to style it... I totally recommend one for everyone. That is, if you're ok with the super-crazy-body-hugging clothing. Because nothing is getting hidden in this baby, whew. Here are some of my stylings (again, PICTURE OVERLOAD follows).

 
  
 
1. Pretty casual. I think the fun pattern and colors on this top make the skirt a little more casual. Although, it's not really a casual skirt. Could be paired with my fave denim jacket (heh) for the afternoon and then worn as is for the evening. 
Top: Express
Shoes: MICHAEL Michael Kors
Necklace: Nordstrom BP jewelry

  
  
  
2. Sexay. The lace + tulle combo definitely says "nighttime" to me and would be gorge for dancing and drinks. I spiced it up a bit with the edgier shoes. 
Top: Free People lace top
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Necklace: Express, ages ago.
  
  
  
3. Color! This is wearable tucked in or out and is a popular way to style for this season. Pair a loosey-goosey top with a fitted skirt and voila! Insta-spring.
Top: F21 satin top
Shoes: Chinese Laundry zebra hair wedges
Necklace: (top) EPIC apparel; (bottom) ModCloth 

  
  
 4. Copy cat. OK. I copied this idea from Coley. Heh. I like the striped idea, especially belted like this. But this top is a little too long (since it's a tunic), so I would ideally go with a shorter top. Still like it, though. :) Plus, it's definitely casual!
Tunic: F21 striped tunic (this would be better prolly)
Belt: Steve Madden via Nordstrom
Shoes: Circa Joan and David kitten heels

Faves? Dislikes? What would you pair with it?

14 comments:

  1. Love the black lace top option, and the magenta top too... Skirt is sexy and classy at the same time, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! LOVE it!! My guy friend named ruched/ruffled skirts, a scruffle lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to receive my gruche skirts anyday now! LOVED how you styled it! Random question, are you going to dry clean or handwash yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol... Boys are silly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good question!! Prolly dry clean... It's delicate and I'd be major
    bummed if I ruined it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this skirt! Outfit number 2 is my favorite followed my #3 tucked in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute, all of them; my favorites are the black top and the striped one. i would even consider a cropped fur vest and boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outfit number 3 is my favorite! Vera is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stilling Lovin the Striped Top look, as I did on Coley, too! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I die! You look gorgeous! My faves are the stripey and w/the magenta top. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooooo cute!!! the last one especially is so cute!! i love the stripey tunic

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dishy DecoratorMarch 4, 2010 at 10:43 PM

    I love them !I love the magenta on you. Even though it's a body-con skirt, it's sophisicated and edgy. Great options!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE. THAT. SKIRT. !!! Etsy is soo amazing and what a talen that designer has. Great work and the skirt is suuuuuch a good price!

    My fave is the look with the striped shirt, looks fab.

    Nice!

    www.amandalconquer.blogspot.com

    A

    ReplyDelete