1. I've never been.
2. It's the perfect excuse to dress up 24/7.
3. I never get to dress up 24/7.
4. I will actually have a reason to have short skirts and pretty dresses (because I usually don't. My life is generally low-key despite my wardrobe's insistence that I be a well-dressed socialite).
5. It's my way of staying sane for the next 4 weeks.
I've done a lot of reading-up and heard from lots of other bloggers/readers about the best way to travel to Vegas. Sounds like there are a few things I must keep in mind--
1. It gets cold at night (especially when I'll be there), so a sweater or jacket is necessary.
2. One walks a lot. Comfort must be kept in mind with fashion.
3. Style needs can transition rather quickly (i.e. from gambling at the Flamingo to a nice dinner or club), so be prepared.
(Sorry about the lists. I like lists.)
Based on these considerations, here's my shopping list!
1. A very versatile light jacket. Becuase my style teeters the line between girly and edgy, the staple pieces I buy always have to have the right combo of being feminine and rocker-ey. I have to be able to wear a staple jacket with jeans and a tee, or a hot pink babydoll dress, or studs, denim and leather. Nothing too frilly or cutesy, but definitely still light and pretty. Here are my ideas:
Shopbop (C&C California), $110
Macy's INC, $89
(p.s., the INC jacket is the forerunner right now!)
2. A nude shoe to go with most outfits. The rules above apply here: can be casual-ed down or dressed up but keeping the edgy/pretty feel. I posted on shoe ideas here already, but I've found a few more I like.
Shopbop (LAMB), $325
Macy's INC, $89
3. A cardigan. OK... so this is pathetic, but I don't really have a simple cardigan that can be worn many ways. I have my colorblock cardigan but it's wool. I have some other ones but they're cropped. I have flowy ones but they're too long for a short dress. I need a simple, v-neck, cotton, button down cardi. Preferably in beige.
Both LOFT, $49.50
What I'm already taking:
1. Versatile dresses (like the one here) that can go between day and night.
2. Short skirts for going out (like here and here!).
4. Jeans and pretty tops (duh!).
Any other suggestions, my well-traveled friends? Ideas are always welcome. :)