Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I've got the leopard flu

Yes, lovies, and it may be fatal. I'm in love with animal print.

It's funny, actually- I used to hate the look. I automatically thought of old women with white-blonde hair 5 inches off their heads, red lipstick on their teeth, and their slip showing at the bottom of their polyester knee length skirt. And proceeded to shudder.

As I browsed through my closet the other day, I realized-- I have animal print in almost every shape and form. A sweater, a jacket, shoes, a skirt, a scarf, a tank top, (a few) dresses... I'm slightly obsessed. And it really can be classy and sophisticated rather than haphazard and sad.

But sometimes I think I'm actually becoming that woman, just with brown hair instead of blonde... I think I'm becoming victim to the power of the animal. I've fallen prey (oh hardy har har!).

Evidence: this look kills me (in the good kind of I DIE way). But I just don't care. I love it.


Torn by Ronny Kobo, $139

What's my sentence, lovies? Should I just resign myself to a lifetime of lipstick stains, hairspray comas and malfunctinoing underpinnings? Or could I pull this off in a sleek, hipster way?

Somehow I think my fate has already been written. And it's not hipster.

(P.S. This is post #100!)

1 comment:

  1. haha- I'm totally with you on the animal print. I own WAY too much of it- and adore that shirt you posted and totally think you can pull it of in a hipstery fashion! Also- I think I'd rather picture my animal print obessed fate as a washed up 1950's style housewife, drinking red wine and chain smoking while vacuuming in my leopard print gown from the night before. less jersey, more hot mess. eh, maybe just as jersey.

    ReplyDelete