It was successful, though, and I plan to do it again. It beats my local consignment stores, for sure.
On another note, I need to impose a shopping-restriction until around the holidays (after Thanksgiving, I think). I've gone a little mad lately, and my closet is starting to shape up to the point of it being ridiculous to buy another item. Funny, because I don't think I bought the top trends. Let's review.
1. OTK boots: nope. As much as I wanted them, tried them on, and stalked styles online, I never bit the bullet. There is still time, yes, but the excitement has worn down a bit.
2. Fur. OK, yes. :) I plan to post an OOTD with it soon. It is the cutest faux fur vest from Limited, and it's the only one I found that looked slightly real.
3. Sequin leggings. No. Though I still think I'd rock em, they're so specific to going out-on-the town, and let's face it. I'm an old married woman now. :)
4. Faux leather/pleather. Besides purses and accessories, this is a no. I'm just not edgy enough. (LIFE-TIP: Know your limitations.)
5. Boyfriend/structured jacket. Nopedy-nope-nopers. Again, I want one. But I have so many jackets, and with the winter coming, I know I'd opt for a wool coat rather than a lightweight structured shoulder. Too bad, though. Maybe if this persists through Spring (which I'm sure it will), then I'll bite then.
Sigh. Despite my lack of a trendy wardrobe, which is quite surprising, I'm still happy with my pieces. There will never be a slow down of fashion trend, and I have my whole life to whoooor myself out. Right? right.
That being said, how did you fare with Fall's trends, lovies???