Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The best way to get to know a person....?

.... is by reading their Facebook/Myspace surveys. Do I believe that? No. But that, my lovies, is how I shall introduce myself to you further. Read, and love.


1. First thing you wash in the shower?
I suppose this could get kinky, but I'm a PG kind of gal. My hair.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
Pink... and I'll go a step further. I generally love all things pink.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Of course! And he'll be the last person I ever kiss (excluding European greetings to my many European friends, my family, and magazine pictures of Josh Duhamel...)

4. Do you plan outfits?
Ohhhhh yes. But I will admit that I can create an outfit very quickly. My planning usually occurs in the pre-purchase phase, since I envision most outfits I will create based on pieces I fall in love with. There are the random days, though... and I promise not to post pictures of those sadly mistaken days.

5. Do you floss daily?
Oops. (note to self: do not alert dentist to new blog.)

6. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
I love coleslaw. Yummo!

7. Are you emotional?
At times, I can be. But I ignore my feelings to a fault. Logic is so much simpler, no?

8. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
No. Wouldn't that be boring? I'm sure I would get distracted by something in that span of 15 or so minutes.

9. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
Interesting tidbit: I was born without the ice cream gene. I am one of the genetically mutant human beings that will actually pass up a bowl of ice cream when offered to me. Sometimes it sounds good (homemade? Yes please!), but mostly I say no.

10. Do you like your hair?
Does anyone?! I would trade it for thinner, straighter hair most days, especially living in Texas. But I must say that it looks nice when it's controlled-curly. (p.s.: I have naturally ratty hair that isn't quite wavy, not quite straight-- just mostly FRIZZ.)

11. Do you like yourself?
Ohhh, a self-revealer. Yes, I do. And I'm learning to embrace my faults a little more.

12. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Yeah, of course, but if this is your sly way of asking me, Mr. Survey, if I'm a Republican, I'll say no. I'm a moderate (aka, I weasel my way out of political stances by saying I land in the middle).

13. Are your parents strict?
Growing up, no. I come from a very conservative Catholic family, though, that seems to have become even more conservative over the years. (See my personal stance above.)

14. Would you go sky diving?
As I sit on my comfy couch typing, I say yes. If I were thousands of feet in the air with a smelly old guy about to push me out of an airplane traveling hundreds of miles an hour, I might say no.

15. Do you like cottage cheese?
Why yes, I do. With some pineapples or strawberries... I could use some dinner...

16. Have you ever met a celebrity?
I've seen Tony Parker and Eva Longoria at a steakhouse in Dallas on my 1st anniversary with the then-boyfriend, but I was too busy peeing my pants to actually meet them. So no.

17. Do you rent movies often?
I love movies, although I believe it's the fiance who has gotten me into more than I would normally see. I loved WALL-E. I have an odd affinity for robots.

18. How many countries have you visited?
Nine (and counting?): Italy, France, Mexico, Germany, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium... and the USA. heh. (Fave? Definitely Austria. So different, so cool.)

19. Brown or white eggs?
White. Is that a self-revealing question that I'm not privvy to??

20. Do you use chap stick?
Lip gloss, coral pink.

21. Do you own a gun?
No, and frankly never plan to. (What, you say? Republican upbringing rubbing off on me? Nahhh...)

22. Can you use chop sticks?
Mmmmmm suuuuushi....

23. Are you too forgiving?
Everything is relative, right? Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard. But I don't hold grudges. It's never worth it.

24. Ever been in love?
I should hope so! I love fiance. He is sweet, supportive, understanding, patient (though not at restaurants, another story), hilarious, brilliant, charming, and laid back. Shall I go on? I'll spare the sap.

25. Favorite time of the year?
Always dependent on the current season. I generally look forward to the summer because I prefer the heat to the chill, but at the end of the summer, I'm always jonsin' for the new Fall trends. Oh, like right now. Come to me, 60 degree temperatures!

26. Do you have any tattoos?
No. In a few drunken stupors, I've talked about it ("Cmmmon... less get some tatts. Fo'realz.... guysss...."), but I'll never take the plunge. Those things are permanent!

27. Are you sarcastic?
Is your mom sarcastic? (ha... I answered it without answering! Gosh I'm clevah!)

28. Ever walked into a wall?
I don't think I have, actually. I'm generally well-coordinated, though I have some humiliating stories regarding me, ballet, and the 3rd grade. Remind me to tell you later.

29. Favorite color?
See above. PINK!

30. Is your phone bill sky high?
Only when my mother is planning a bridal shower for me and is upset that the caterer is charging her incorrectly and grandpa decided for the third time NOT to come and the cats are sick again and my sister got another detention and she just doesn't have time for this... wait, what?

31. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No. I like it quiet, but not too quiet, dark, but not too dark, cold, but not freezing... and I'm not picky, no no no.

32. Can you handle the truth?
Probably not. But I try hard. And I usually try to introspect as to why something hurts more than it should... oh, the psychologist in me.

33. Do you have good vision?
Horrid. When cops look at my driver's license, they ask if I'm wearing my contacts. It's just that dangerous.

34. Favorite outfit?
Distressed jeans, a sparkly top, some black suede peep toe pumps, a flow-y cardi, and a clutch. The perfect outfit.

35.What is your favorite animal?
Cat, black, cute, cuddly, curious. Awww.

36. Can you hula hoop?
Sure! I told you I'm relatively coordinated, right?

37. Do you have a job?
OK. Like I said, I'm an aspiring psychologist, and I do research at a medical hospital here in town. I'm trying desperately to get into a clinical program (have my Masters in Psychology), but lo-and-behold, being a white female is not a leg up on the competition. I like my job all right, but I would rather be a student again. Sigh.

38. What was the most recent thing you bought?
Besides food items (that's boring, who cares), I got an adorable mock-two piece dress from LuLus for my bachelorette party. Lovin' it.

And that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment