Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fashion week Smashion week

I have a dirty, dirty secret, lovies.

I don't get runway fashion.

I know, I know!!! I'm a disgrace to all fashion-lovers out there! But I can't be alone. I mean, much of the new fashion is hardly translatable to "I live in the normal world" fashion. Asymmetry here, slashing there, bulges everywhere... what?!?! What do you suggest I do with this, Cushnie et Ochs???

Britney slip up, anyone??

OK. But disasters aside, there are many shows that are down to earth for people like me who can't prance around town with a veritable paparazzi-worthy photo-op (i.e. RTW collections). Here is what I love about Spring '10 fashion:

1. CHARTREUSE (and all big, bold colors). Gaahhhh, beautiful. The colors this coming season are magnificent and bright. Especially this yellow green that I noticed in many of the shows.

Lela Rose

2. Futurism (if that's a word). Pencey did it last year, and it seems like Leifsdottir may have thrown a little in, too. But this season's "futurism" is taking it to another level. Layers of material and space-like prints are beautiful and pull-off-able. Right?


Christian Siriano

3. Bandage. We all know this story, lovies. But it's continuing, and I'm happy. Though this may not be something new and unique, or even a token Spring '10 style, I'm loving the lines and wrapped material.


Band of Outsiders

4. Big bold florals (to pair with the big bold colors). Again, here is a way to take your current waredrobe into the Spring... with flowers! Nothing says Spring like fresh blooms, and almost everyone got the message. Gorge.
(p.s.: Get a load of Vivienne Tam's insane butterfly prints... Yes. I will def. be copying that one, so pretty!!!)

Vivienne Tam, DVF & DKNY

5. Messenger bags. OK. I don't know if this will really be a trend perse, but I noticed a lot on Vivienne Tam's runway (can you tell I'm in love with her?!)... so surely, it must be the new statement bag! Well... for me, at least.

Vivienne Tam

Of course there are about 1,000,000 other new and old statements that pranced onto Spring's runway, but I don't have the time (or energy) to find them all. I drooled over Vena Cava
Monique Lhuillier, Cynthia Steffe, Jason Wu, Costello Tagliapietra, Tuleh and so many others. Go check em out, lovies!

5 comments:

  1. Chartreuse? Not good w/my skin so I won't be on that trend. It looks so nice w/navy, though. I love the florals. Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe you can try little bits of chartreuse mixed in with other things. I know it's a weird color but I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bandage stuff, I'm so glad to see it back! I also totally drooled over all the Monique Lhullier stuff--i was so glad to see her as a judge on runway, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember how scared people were of it when it first emerged, and now people can't get enough! and yep, gotta love PR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fashionista as well...great blog! I decided to focus my blog more about design/art/crafts but I love fashion, in fact I got my degree at a Fashion Institute. Anyhow, cute stuff!! If you want, check my blog out at: pineappleplayground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete