Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OOTD: A little staycation.

Sorry about the non-warned hiatus I took, readers! I do hate excuses, but I'll offer one anyway: my 17-year old sister was in town until today and spent a long weekend with us. Despite her pleading to "do a blog and let me take the pictures!", I decided to just resume my regularly scheduled posting today instead.   :)  I guess on the topic, I'll mention that this coming weekend will also require a little hiatus because I'm headed to DC on Friday. It shouldn't interrupt all that much, since I don't do too many weekend posts as it is, but just an FYI. I can't wait to report back about all the fun I have, though!

Here's a quick OOTD-- I decided to take my rarely-worn Modcloth dress and make it into a top instead of a short, tight dress. Made it more office-appropriate, I think! Plus, I do love a kinda-retro outfit every once in a while (and yes, retro does equal high waisted, flowy and knee length for me). I revealed my little secret in one of the following pictures.... hehe...

Top/dress: Modcloth, from this past winter
Skirt: Banana Republic white linen skirt
Necklace: F21 teardrop necklace
Shoes: Michael Michael Kors cage sandals

8 comments:

  1. Great idea and re-use of something that otherwise wasn't getting worn. That necklace is fabulous...really ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this! I love the lacy shirt (dress!) and the flowy white skirt is SO pretty and girly. The necklace is a fantastic addition to polish off the outfit.

    I really want a white skirt like that now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Coastal ChicsterJuly 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM

    great idea! i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute justine! Great way to remix that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea! It works so well, love the mix of everything going on here, you're totally pulling it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use a dress as a top! Very inventive of ya and darn cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love this look! Very romantic but perfect for the office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this outfit. Definitely looks like something I'd wear! :-)

    ReplyDelete