Thursday, July 22, 2010

OOTD: Ho, hum.

I tried to deny it. I tried to resist it. I tried....

But it's definitely that time of year.

You know what I'm talking about. The time of year when you've "been there, done that" for fashion and you need to move on to something new, something different, lest you be caught in a rut of the same old, same old. (I can't be alone, right?!)

The problem with this is that it is most definitely still summer and I most definitely still want it to be. But my wardrobe is getting old and my ideas are no longer fresh. As a fashion "OOTD" blogger-- someone who feels a little pressure to come up with new things and ideas-- this can be quite a task. Because when I walk in my closet, the only thing I'm thinking is "What shirt have I not yet sweat through worn with my requisite F21 shorts?" and my inspiration starts to wane when I see I've basically tried it all before. The previously exciting new ideas become stale and tried. What's left? A pair of jeans and a tee. All well and fine, yes, but inspirational? Not really.

So instead of trying to force it today, I'm going to let it be. I mean, this is a fashion diary of sorts, and diaries aren't simple tales of love and happiness. There are funks, too! And ho-hum entries! I'm learning that this fashion thing can't be forced, and if jeans and a tee are what I'm grabbing then so be it.

Therefore, I present: jeans and a tee.  :)

Top: H&M
Jeans: Juicy Couture skinny jeans
Shoes: Liliana Bardor pumps
Earrings: Express gold hoops

(p.s. I am no longer green in hue. I think Photoshop and I have corrected the problem. Plus, my walls look a lot more like their actual color: sky blue. Yay!)

12 comments:

  1. ok... 1st of all, totally agree with the closet blahs.. I've had them all week, and it's not pretty... but 2nd, that's hardly "jeans and tee"... and it if it is, I'm totally doing "jeans and tee" all wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, jeans and a t-shirt are realistic. Plus, they are an interesting jeans and t-shirt set...and your shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this is ho-hum AT ALL! The fact that the jeans are cuffed add visual interest, they're white jeans so that's more fun than basic blue, that shirt is a fantastic color and has pretty details, plus the heels are amazing.

    You look great and I think the outfit is inspiring to those of us who really wear just basic blue jeans and a plain old t-shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your H&M top (that ain't no tee shirt, girl!) ... and if those are "just jeans," then I'm doing it all wrong!!! I need to find some sexy white jeans, STAT! And those awesome shoes ... I die! Gorgeous! I personally love this look on you. You're quite inspiring in it, I think. Sometimes the simpler the outfit, the easier it is to emulate, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All The Small ThingsJuly 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM

    I'm sooo glad I'm not the only person who has hit a wall with their closet. I'm actually tired of wearing summer dresses and shorts. I want to be able to wear jeans with a wide variety of tops! The downside of living somewhere super hot. If it makes you feel better, I still love reading your blog and looking at your outfits. I don't notice repeats or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everybody else. In no way is that "just jeans and a t-shirt." You still look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel ya! But I think you look fab Justine! I also have to comment on those lovely shoes. I saw them on Chloe's blog a few months ago, and I was thiiis close to ordering them! They are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Coastal ChicsterJuly 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM

    well, you certainly make jeans and a tee look better than most people! i feel the same way. if i wear blue and white or green and white or pink and white one more time this week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend has this same top - you both look nice in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so not boring...love that top and those shoes rock!!
    The corner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that outfit!! seriously, your "boring" is still inspiration for me to get my butt in gear!! i've been really blah too lately and wore black tees and jeans three times this past week. wtf!! and the other days of the week don't count, because i had to wear a uniform!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey nothing wrong with jeans and a tee. Will always be a classic and depending on the type of jean and style of tee it can always be fresh and original. I've been in a funk lately thanks to the weather. Its really too hot in Houston to do much other than some sort of cotton top and shorts.

    ReplyDelete