Friday, August 20, 2010

The Cargo pant: my pick...

So a few days ago, I posted about the Cargo pant trend for this fall and decided to indulge myself with a pair. The ones I ultimately decided on were the Blank Denim skinny cargo pant in Army. The choice was easy-- the price, fabric, style and retailer (ahem, free shipping and no tax, hellloooo Shopbop!) made it a no-brainer. I was a little worried that they wouldn't work, but lo and behold, it's love at first sight! Here's a quick review:

I got a size 27, which promptly sold out hours after I purchased (I kinda love when that happens!). One weird little annoyance: they smelled funky when I opened the package. It's probably the fact that they sat in the heat for days whilst being shipped, but still... a strange, sour smell. They're currently in the wash and I'm sure the odd odor will go away, so no biggie.

The detailing is super cute. The pockets are on the side rather than the front, which is my preference. The zippers near the calf go up to the knee, which would make it difficult to hem if you're a shortie. These are just the right length on my 5'6 frame, if not just a teense too long. So that's a consideration. There are some tabs and non-functional zippers placed horizontally at the back of the knee (the knee-pit?). Overall, just really cute and comfortable! The material is super stretchy, which is a plus in my books, and really soft. I can't wait to wear these when the weather cools a little.

Also in the mail today was my BB Dakota Branson sweater. Ladies, fear not the kinda-poor product shots and baggy look of this sweater. It is adorable in person, really soft and chunky and right on trend for this fall. Way more expensive looking/feeling than the $40 I paid. Get one while you can! Its sure to be a staple in my closet, I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. yay congrats! glad that they fit.... weird about the smell, mold?? ha.
    even better you snagged them prior to the sell out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete