Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Well, Hello there.

Hi bloggie-land! I am still alive! This is good news, as there were moments in the past 3 weeks that I questioned whether that would be the case. Not sure I was prepared for the stress of graduate school, since my Master's program was pretty easy, while this Ph.D. thing sort of feels like my eyelashes are being ripped out one by one, veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. Hyperbolic? Yes... but sadly, it's how I've been feeling. I know it's just an adjustment period, and YES, I will make it out alive *this is my mantra*.

(p.s., to those thinking about going to get a graduate degree... umm... forget what I said! It's wonderful! La-dee-da, YAY. (believable? I'm trying.))

I'm thinking I'm beginning to regain that groove I was talking about but it's still lagging a tad, so bare with me. But there are some things I need/want to attend to with y'all, so I'm jumping back into the world of blogging. I have been bad and have essentially taken a total hiatus from social media, including reading others blogs, using twitter, etc... so I apologize if you've tried to contact me and haven't gotten adequate response. But I promise I'm regaining my footing in the real world. Promise!

And hey, look what I found! (You can take the fashion out of the girl, but you can't take the girl out of fashion, hmmm?)

The Budget Buster:

The Stylish Substitute:

Granted, the differences are there... Milly's sweater is much more intricate. But for a fraction of the price, you can get the chain detailed look from Target! I saw this in stores and it's actually adorbs, so I very much recommend.
I'll be back soon with some of my Tucker for Target opinions, a product review and some other nice, non-book/school-related things. :)

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! Funny, I was going to email you today, but got busy at work... glad to hear you are surviving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney at Petite GorgeousSeptember 15, 2010 at 5:59 PM

    The transition to graduate school can be very challenging. At least you had your master's degree when you joined. I went straight to my Ph.D program fresh out of college heh. As such I was the youngest in my cohort, and I got a lot of help from others. Wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you! It is always hard to transition into Graduate School, you will get adjusted soon you'll see.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're trooping through it! Can't wait to hear what you think about the Tucker pieces. I held back since I did a major splurge at Madewell for their Alexa Chung release, but now I'm wishing I had gotten one or two pieces at Target too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! great to have you back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. issed you lovey! Hope things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete